Beyond the IRA: How (and Why) to Use Solo 401(K)s for More Tax Saving and Investing Power
John Bowens teaches the advantages of more advanced retirement plans for self-employed people.
Saturday, April 10th, 10 am – 3:00 pm ONLINE
MEMBERS OF CINCINNATI REIA AND COREE, DON’T REGISTER HERE. You get a member discount by registering at your association’s website!
Once I understood the advantages of Solo 401(K)s over self-directed IRAs, I couldn’t get one fast enough.
Mine lets me:
- Sock away a LOT more money to invest tax-free every year—like almost 10x as much—which lets me do more, bigger investments
- Avoid UBIT when I get financing on a deal in my 401K
- Make mistakes—not that I ever do a deal in a retirement plan without running it past an expert first—and rest assured that that one deal won’t blow up my whole 401k, like it would my IRA
The problem is, it took me 2 years of going to classes and talking to experts to figure out how I could get qualified, what paperwork I needed to fill out, what the requirements were, how to actually ‘do deals’ there…and that was about 2 years too long.
But if you’ve tried to explore these for yourself, you know that it’s surprisingly hard to get information that’s both legally accurate and aimed at the specific needs of real estate investors out in the world. So I’m bringing it into yours.
I’ve been BEGGING John Bowens to do a straightforward, inexpensive training that lays out the basics of Solo 401(K)s for people who don’t have the time or patience to figure it all out on their own…
…and he’s come through, in spades.
So if you’re a self-employed real estate entrepreneur (even if it’s your ‘side hustle’) you need to take the time to attend this 5 hour training, which gets you completely up to speed on how to start a 401(K), how much you can contribute each year, why they’re better for buying creative deals, and the rest of the rules and advantages.
John will cover:
- Whether you qualify to open a Solo(k), and how to GET qualified, if you’re not (there’s a LOT of online misinformation about this very basic topic, so don’t get it from Google, Okay?)
- How you can bring your family and business partners into the Solo(K), and ‘spread the wealth’
- How much you can REALLY contribute each year—it’s probably a lot more than you can put into an IRA, but what the heck does the IRS mean by “substantial and recurring contributions”??
- The tax benefits of contributing as an employee vs. and employer
- All about the Roth component of a Solo(K), and how it lets you and your spouse can contribute $100k+ a year and invest with tax-free growth
- The thing that’s going to thrill our ‘creative investors’ the most: why you can borrow money in your 401K without paying that nasty Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)
- How to establish a Solo(k)—the (more complicated than an IRA) paperwork you’ll need to submit
- What to do if you don’t qualify for a Solo(k) today, but might in the future
- Prohibited transactions—what you cannot invest in with a Solo(k)—and why, unlike with an IRA, they’re not death to your account
- Processing an investment with a Solo(k)—what forms are required, how technology streamlines the process
- Inspiring client case studies on Solo(k) investing into: Real Estate (single/multi-family or commercial), Real Estate notes, syndications, Real Estate Joint Ventures, Private Placements and more, that will inspire you to find deals to do with your new 401(K)
- And, of course, your questions, answered.
Before you ask, YES, the workshop will be recorded,
and recordings sent to all registrants.
This complete basic training is just $97 for members, and is 100% satisfaction guaranteed—you’ll agree it was worth every dime, or I’ll refund your tuition.
If you’re pretty sure you should know more about Solo 401(k)s, or need to be sure before you open one, or just want to know more about the rules and possibilities of the one you already have, register HERE, now!